How Artificial Intelligence is Transforming the Industry
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a process of programming computers to make decisions for themselves. Recently, there have been many different AI platforms that are creating websites or embodied in the web design process. For example, AI can be used to create realistic-looking images or videos, to fully design websites automatically, or to help with user experience research.
AI is still in its early stages and there is much potential for it to transform the web design industry. In the future, AI could be used to create completely customized websites for each individual user, based on their specific needs and preferences, but currently, there are still limitations to what it can do.
Benefits of AI Tools Web Design
Artificial intelligence is quickly becoming a very influential tool in web design. As AI technology advances, so too does its ability to help designers create better websites. Here are just a few of the benefits of using AI tools in web design:
1. Greater creativity: Another great benefit of AI-driven web design is that it opens up new possibilities for creativity. With traditional methods, you are often limited by the constraints of your code or the limitations of your software. With AI, you can experiment with new ideas and concepts much more easily, as there are no such restrictions. This means that you can ultimately create a website that is far more unique and innovative than would otherwise be possible.
2. More responsive user experience: Another benefit of using AI in web design is that it can help you create a more responsive user experience. By using tools like Adobe Sensei, you can automatically adjust your website’s layout and content in response to user behavior. This helps ensure that your website is always up to date and looks great no matter what device or browser your visitors are using.
Challenges of AI in the Field
AI presents a number of challenges in the field of web design.
1. The cost: AI technology is often expensive and difficult to implement. Additionally, AI systems require a lot of data in order to function properly. This can be a challenge for web designers who are working with limited data sets.
2. Difference in operating systems and transparency: AI systems can be opaque and mysterious, making it difficult for designers to understand how they work or why they make certain decisions. This lack of understanding can lead to frustration and mistrust.
3. Consistent evolutions and "newest" features: AI technology is constantly evolving and changing, which can make it difficult for web designers to keep up with the latest advancements. Additionally, new AI applications are being developed all the time, which can make it hard for designers to know which ones to use and when.
4. Lack of reliability: AI can be unreliable and inaccurate, leading to inaccurate forecasts or faulty results because of how new this all is. Not only that but if the answer isn't pre-programmed within the software, AI will generate an answer based on what it "feels" falls within your parameters which can turn out to be a lie and why data from AI often requires fact-checking. This can lead to errors in web design that could result in user dissatisfaction or frustration with the website.
Comparing Custom and AI-Generated Websites
When it comes to creating a website, there are two main options: custom designs that are all built by web designers and websites that are predominately AI-generated. Which option is best for you? To help you decide, let’s take a look at the key differences between custom and AI-generated websites:
1. Cost: Custom websites can be more expensive than AI websites because you pay a web designer for their time and expertise. For AI-generated websites, you’ll only need to pay for the software itself.
2. Time: Custom websites can be longer to create (in our case, 1-2 week) whereas some AI platforms generate a website in minutes/hours.
3. Flexibility: With a custom website, you have full control over the design and functionality of your site whereas AI-generated websites are limited to the features and designs available with that software.
4. Control: Custom websites allow you to adjust what you need to give you the greatest control over your functionality. AI-generated websites once again are limited to what is offered in the software.
5. Content: The text and language of AI can be robotic and obviously non-human which can negatively impact your bounce rate (of human traffic) and negatively impact your page ranking with search engines. Web designers and content creators are able to design content and text that will resonate with your target audience and help improve your page ranking.
For the quickest turnaround time and cost, AI-generated websites could suit your needs, however, for websites with more control, flexibility, and non-robotic content, a custom website is still the way to go!
The impact of AI on web design can already be seen in many aspects of the industry, from automated tools such as code generators to customizable content personalization. AI technology and AI-generated websites don't mean the absence of web designers. This technology is quickly becoming a powerful ally for web designers and developers, enabling them to create more effective and engaging websites and applications for their users. Coupling a web designer's experience and human aspect with the understanding and tools of AI, websites are becoming more powerful and creative, with 3D animations, videos, scrolling and navigation work, analysis, and more!